Sunday, January 30, 2011

Before The Storm



With a storm in the forecast for the first of the week, we took advantage of the last of the warm weather with another trip to the beach. Half way down the stairs, it was nothing but water and sand as far as the eyes could see.



The waves were small, but perfectly formed and peeling, so a photographer was there to capture whatever he could.



The most talented surfers have an easy confidence.



A pair of sea anemones sharing the same tidepool.



Sunlight reflected on the sand can look like molten silver.

4 comments:

steven said...

that dies it! i'm booking myself a flight to somewhere warm for march break! oh my golden west - the beach scenes are gorgeous!!! lucky lucky you. steven

Sweet Repose-Junk Revival said...

When they wrote the song California Dreamin', they really knew what they were talkin' about!!! Simply magical, lucky girl!

Eryl said...

California is it.

angryparsnip said...

I miss the ocean so much. The photos are lovely and the last one really reminded me of my Laguna Beach home that I miss so much.

Thanks for the wonderful post.

cheers, parsnip