Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas



No matter how early we start decorating for Christmas, it rarely gets done in as timely a fashion as we'd imagined. Must be sort of like the plumbers and electricians who never get around to finishing the projects around their own houses. We change it all up every year, so it's an ongoing work in progress. One of my favorite decorations is the Swedish dala horse, in the top picture. It had belonged to my mom's best friend, who treated me and my sister like daughters.



We put a little tree in the entryway and tucked lots of little vintage millinery oranges into the branches to spruce it up.



The biggest tree is in the living room, next to the fireplace. With 5 days of rain in the forecast, we're determined to get everything wrapped this weekend!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Beautiful!
And this rain, our local version of *winter*... it enhances the Christmas mood for me!

steven said...

wow! and again wow! if there wasn't the issue of thousands of miles distance i wish i could have you decorate this home. steven

Sweet Repose-Junk Revival said...

You've put my lil ball of lights in a different perspective...how beautiful...now, do you just bag the tree and put in storage like my daughter does or do you wrap each piece individually like we did back in the day...?

Simply stunning and so full of Christmas cheer!!!
s

Rachel Fenton said...

Beautiful decorations. My kids decorated our tree this year - it looks ridiculous, like the way pins stick to a magnet, all the baubles and tinsel in clumps with bare patches everywhere! Wouldn't change it for anything. One day, however, when the house is less fraught with childlife, I might have a go at decorating it myself!
Merry Christmas!