Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Tell Tale Tail



When the shades were drawn at dawn, what should catch my eye but the striped tail of Thomas, curled just so where he'd perched himself in search of breakfast.



He usually crouches at ground level, in the shadows of the birdbath, so his elevated perch took me by surprise. A new trick up his sleeve!



Once he became aware of me, all the sudden he wanted down, and quickly. The can of albacore he's been chipping away at inside may have had something to do with that.



He couldn't remember how he'd gotten up there in the first place, so with a boost from a step stool, he was easy to lift down.

3 comments:

Sweet Repose-Junk Revival said...

What a charmer, the shots are all adorable. I soooo miss having a cat, but 'the Heathen' will not allow, so I'll just enjoy your visitors, 'cept the one with the stripes...ewwww...that smell will wake me out of a dead sleep, as one passes in the night...lucky you!

steven said...

superb cat shots!!! i love cats the most of all animals but we don't have one here. i'll be sharing this post with my daughter who wants a cat - or a dog - so badly!!! steven

Tracy said...

Oh, Thomas... you are a super-sweetheart! LOVE these photo, Golden West. I loves me a kitty, you know. ;o) Happy Week ((HUGS))