Friday, October 29, 2010

Autumn On The Beach



Yesterday was one of those warm autumn days Southern California is famous for. With the temperatures in the mid 70s and a good swell running, my daughter headed down to the beach for a surf and took me along. The tide was outgoing but the surge was still strong. The seagull, above, had to scramble to keep ahead of the whitewater.



Birds of another feather, namely tourists, are easily spotted by their tropical plumage.



Youngsters were reveling in the sunshine and sand, exploring the reefs.



After a good walk for me and a good surf for my daughter, we called it a day and headed home.

3 comments:

nina said...

All the photos are so very nice, and yes, I am envious. Especially smile-inducing is the one of the tourists! Ah, for that hour on a stretch of warm sand...

Tracy said...

The beach is so refreshing & rejuvenating in all season... love these photos, Golden West! Happy Weekend :o) ((HUGS))

Rachel Fenton said...

My daughter starts surf life club tomorrow. New wet suit, new "plumage" and, no doubt, by the end of the summer here she'll look like a new girl. Your photographs capture some lovely moments. Time to take a walk with my daughter I think...