Thursday, June 24, 2010

Riding Up The Coast



My daughter had business in the next town up the coast yesterday, and she stopped by and took me and my camera along. There was a chance for me to walk along the bluff top and snap a few pictures. Above, looking north. Below, looking south, toward our town.



The cliff was somewhat precarious in sections, where whole chunks of the bluff had slipped away.



It was surprising how few people were on the beach, it being officially summer and all.



These pictures are straight out of the camera - the sky and ocean really were that blue! And the box of cherries we got on the way home really were that red!

5 comments:

steven said...

i love the special sort of lusciousness that arrives with summer and it shines right through these beautiful pictures!!! steven

Sweet Repose said...

What beautiful blue images of your world...you lucky stiff...while I employ my new job as storm-chaser...ha...I'm very cautious!!!

D.M. SOLIS said...

Beautiful. We are exploring towns up and down the coast...visiting for long weekends to see where we want to live. We have a three year window, more or less. Will have to ask you for a recommendation or two. Truly beautiful images. Thank you.

Diane

Tracy said...

...mmm... this post says SUMMER, Golden West... Thanks for taking us along! :O) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

High Desert Diva said...

Getting my fill of ocean images....ahhh....