Thursday, May 20, 2010

Yesterday On The Beach



Yesterday my daughter took me along for a walk on the beach while she stand up paddled. The conditions were way less than ideal - lots of wind and surface chop - but she's in a water event this Sunday and wanted to get her sea legs.



My walk took me along the sand below the cliff where the state campground is. People come from all over to camp there in motor homes, tents and everything in between. Plenty of campers were there, but with the wind blowing and the sun obscured by random clouds, we had the beach almost to ourselves.



That's the old Coast Highway bridge that crosses the mouth of the lagoon where the water flows into the Pacific.



These youngsters were delighted with the water, even as cold as it still is.



My daughter finished her paddle and we headed up the stairs and home.

2 comments:

Sweet Repose said...

And boy, when you say cold, you mean cold. I've only been in the Pacific a few times and froze my tootsies every time...but it was soooooooooo worth it, you get hooked don't you!!!

acornmoon said...

I think your daughter is a mermaid!