Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring At The Fruit Stand



A trip to our local fruit stand is always a treat for the senses. The proprietor stocks the freshest fruits and vegetables around, with lots picked fresh every morning and grown just over the hill from here. They're so enthusiastic about their asparagus, they threw in an extra "s".



Half the fruit stand is given over to flowers, also grown locally. Below is a group of proteas, looking like exploding fireworks.



We have several local commercial growers of orchids. They're popular in leis at prom time and for weddings.

6 comments:

Sweet Repose said...

Uh oh...there I go again missing Florida and all of it's fruit stands and tropical flowers. The only time of luscious bounty in the Midwest is when the farmers markets open in the late spring, but I'll be there to collect the asparagus...and also the ones I forage out of the ditches.

If we get some warm weather, the morel mushrooms will soon be out...YUMM!!!

steven said...

sweet bright colourful tasty photographs!!!! i'm really looking forward to our local stands opening up. steven

Tracy said...

Orchids...fruit... I'm in heaven... *sigh*...Wait for me! ;o) Gorgeous deliciousness... Happy Day, my friend ((HUGS))

Sweet Repose said...

The Junk Asylum is doing fabulous, she pulled in $24,000.00 in dealer sales last month...and is still acquiring new dealers, it looks awesome, but it's wearing her out, told her it would. But at least it shows that in our biz, people are starting to buy again...yayyy...!

Eryl Shields said...

Those strawberries are making me hungry, and I love the proteas.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I love local produce stalls, those strawberries looks delicious