Friday, April 16, 2010

The Beach



It's been windy for days now, but that didn't keep my daughter out of the ocean earlier this week. She stopped by and took me for a walk along the shore while she surfed.



This delicate piece of burgundy seaweed reminded me of a fossil.



The cool breeze didn't seem to faze this fellow on the bike...



Full wetsuits will be mandatory for another couple months. The cool breeze makes the water seem even colder. As we set out for home, a lone pelican, below, flew overhead.

3 comments:

steven said...

i love getting the opportunity to see this part of the world. the seaweed - boy oh boy - i'd be up and down that beach every day looking for treasures like that!! steven

High Desert Diva said...

I'm going to the beach the first weekend of May. I am counting the days until I see the Pacific!!!

Crafty Green Poet said...

looks like a lovely beach, the photo of the seaweed is lovely