Thursday, November 5, 2009

Over An Open Field



The full moon was bright enough yesterday morning to light up the kitchen, even through the curtains. The temperature has dropped into the 50s, so taking its picture through the kitchen window seemed like the best plan. Hmmm, not so much.



Not wanting to venture into the cold, this shot from the hall window across the patio still wasn't cutting it, so a quick dash outside into the sunrise to capture one last shot as the moon set into a tangle of eucalyptus and giant bamboo.

4 comments:

steven said...

photos of the moon are so difficult - but as is demonstrqted here golden west - well worth the effort!!! the moon rose here the other night through a bank of red haze somewhat like your last photograph here. i was so struck by how beautiful it was that i literally watched the moment pass. no photographs at all. but that's alright isn't it!! have a peaceful day out there. steven

High Desert Diva said...

Lovely moon.....

Sweet Repose said...

I too couldn't get enough of our planetary partner, I was up in the wee hours, as my bedroom was lit like a security light was out front, telling me to GET UP and start to play! 50 degrees...we eat that for breakfast around these here parts...if it's 50 by noon, I'm out painting furniture...think I'll move to California...ha!

...and what's a 'jugazood' anyway...my work verification, they never fail to amuse!!!

Have a great day...think I'll go dust...

Rachel Fenton said...

Your kitchen window is ace!

I would never look outside if I had a window like that!

My verification word is "enders"!