Friday, November 6, 2009

Low Tide



The seagulls along the path from the parking lot to the beach keep watch for anyone approaching who may be toting something edible.



We get morning and evening fog this time of year, but the days have been clear and warm. With the moon full, the tides have been extreme, with plenty of sand for an afternoon walk along the shore.



The light is a lot more subtle now that the days are getting shorter.



This seagull is trying his luck in the tide pools exposed by the low tide.

6 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Oh blast. I miss the ocean.

Tracy said...

These are GLORIOUS photos, Golden West... breathtaking! I love the gulls dotting the path and the big, big sky...*sigh*... Happy Weekend, my friend ((HUGS)) Oh, that spice cake I shared doubles nicely, and it also makes great cupcakes too. :o)

Sweet Repose said...

I'm with Charmaine...I too miss the sea...and tell me again why I moved back from Florida...must've taken a wrong turn!!!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Exquisite scenes - those gulls look good - one to a post. Is this The Pacific we are looking at?

Rachel Fenton said...

Winter light is lovely. You have captured the sky beautifully. But gulls! I found a half eaten oyster on my deck yesterday!

steven said...

oh golden west this is gorgeous. each picture stands on its own as an exquisite moment filled with associations. i have long wished to live by water. for as long as i can remember. river, pond, ocean, lake it's no matter to me. there's a sense of rhythm and presence that i love. thanks for this. steven