Tuesday, November 3, 2009

In The Closet



Around here, closets aren't for clothes. They're for storing Christmas ornaments and decorations! Christmas is anticipated all year, and as we've been making ornaments since last February, we're ready to bring it all out. We change things up every year to keep it interesting and although we kick different ideas around periodically, we never quite know how it will all take shape until it actually does.

Here's a quick peek inside my closet at the tip of the Christmas iceberg. As things start coming together, more pictures will follow. We're starting a little earlier than usual so we can take our time and savor the fun.

6 comments:

steven said...

golden west - i sensed you were a big softie when i visited here in the past. what a christmas collection!!! wow! ours won't see the light of day for a few more weeks. have a lovely day. steven

nina said...

My daughters would prefer living with you for the holidays. They can never have enough of Christmas.
Have a very happy holiday season! (I can't believe I just wrote my first Christmas greeting of the year!)

Tracy said...

OMG... Christmas is a alive and well in your closets all year round... WOW! That is a LOT of ornaments and fun. You would surprised to see how little of Christmas there is at our house... two boxes dedicated to decorations, etc... We don't do a lot of decorating. And this year we'll be away during Christmas, so probably wont' decorate much at all but for candles, etc. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, so maybe that has something to do with it--LOL! But this is the sweetest time of year. Have fun making ready for Christmas, Golden West ((HUGS))

Sweet Repose said...

If I lived in Florida(or California), I might like Christmas, but I just froze my butte off unloading my truck...but many love it, so I digress...I'll like Christmas(%@!*&+?)

I'm gonna keep looking at your purdy flower shots, as mine are crispy critters...argh!

Have fun decorating...
s

Rachel Fenton said...

I have a mini nutcracker like the big fellow grinning from your closet!

Opening the Christmas boxes is always exciting and scary - all the beautiful baubles, forgotten lovely things, and the odd spider!

High Desert Diva said...

Ah ha....a peek within. Looking forward to the unveiling.