Monday, November 9, 2009

The Colors Of Autumn



The fruit stand never disappoints, neither food nor photo-wise. Autumn's gourds are pleasing both in color and texture.



The first paper white narcissus are blooming in the garden, a month ahead of time. Dutch iris bulbs that were planted in October have broken ground and could be blooming early, as well. Still no buds on the freesias, but the foliage is a good 12 inches tall already.



This busy honey bee was so intent collecting pollen from a gallardia flower, he didn't mind me leaning in close.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Little magic moments...Thank you, Golden West for a beautiful start to the week. :o) Oh, and this reminds be to soon bring in my paperwhite bulbs! Happy Day ((HUGS))

Sweet Repose said...

I covered my bulbs yesterday with mulch to fend off the coming snows and add more goodies to the soil. This is the one thing this gardener misses about living in a warm climate(Florida), playing in the garden all year long...however, the scorpions I do not miss!

Rachel Fenton said...

I'm so confused: fresias flowered here (NZ) at the end of September! I just cannot work out the seasons from the flowers anymore! The bee is very lovely.

High Desert Diva said...

I love those nubby gourds!