Thursday, August 20, 2009

Come Dancing



Of all the bands of the British Invasion of the early 1960s, the Kinks, fronted by brothers Ray and Dave Davies, were one of my favorites. This is my favorite song of theirs, besides "Lola". It's next to impossible to not tap your foot.



In 1964, one of my best friends was in a Coronado based band, The New Britains, shown above. They played gigs from the Officers' Club at North Island Naval Air Station, Coronado, to high school proms as far away as El Centro. The band broke up in 1966 when their drummer graduated from high school and took a student ship from New York City to Southampton, England to join a British band.

3 comments:

steven said...

hello daughter of the golden west,thanks for the nice toe-tapping tune to start the day off!!! this song was inspired by the brother's sister apparently!! rosie was her name!! have a lovely day out there. steven

ellen abbott said...

The Kinks were one of my favs too.

thanks for visiting...my blog and my web site and thanks for the compliment.

32˙North Supplies said...

Certainly a dapper young gent on the drums!