Friday, May 15, 2009

One Summer Story



This is my neighbor, Kevin. He's made an appearance on this blog before - riding the bicycle he built a motor for, repairing my fence in the autumn rain when it blew flat in a storm, and surfing on some of the various state of the art boards he designs and builds from scratch...

This short video of him was shot by my daughter last summer. Kevin built this little paipo board and was riding it for the first time. The difficulty of actually surfing on a board this small cannot be overstated. The surf was junky, blown out and crumbling, but amazingly, he made that little board sing.

1 comment:

Sweet Repose said...

Thanks for a day at the beach, how lucky to live near the ocean, after living in Florida for three years, I am often reminded of the salty air I used to love to visit on my weekend jaunts to surf-side...nothing like it!

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by.