Saturday, February 14, 2009

Coming Clean On Valentine's Day



If you celebrate this sentimental custom and want to give a gift that creates lasting memories, consider choosing something other than the usual flowers, candy, jewelry or a romantic dinner out. Indeed, my two most unusual Valentine's Day gifts are still the most memorable. One year the mailman delivered a large manila envelope that contained a crisp Hawaiian frog that had previously been flattened by a car, with a note attached that read "I'd jump for joy if you'd be my Valentine". More recently, my sweetheart's token of love was two industrial sized boxes of Tide laundry detergent. Needless to say, he was on my mind every laundry day for the next 6 months. As wise men say, "It's the thought that counts" and "Laughter is the best medicine".

1 comment:

High Desert Diva said...

I once received a brand spankin' new toilet seat for Valentine's Day. Now that was memorable.

Your squished frog may take the cake though...